Hard Reset SONY PlayStation 4. This tutorial will show you the easiest way to perform a factory reset operation in SONY PlayStation 4. Remove all personal data, customized settings and installed apps from your device. Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data.
How To Hard Reset SONY PlayStation 4?
- At the very beginning switch off the PlayStation 4 by holding down the Power key for a few seconds.
- Wait until your device is completely switched off.
- Then press the Power key to turn the console back on.
- Using your DualShock 4 controller, move to the Settings menu and press X.
- Afterwards, find the Initialization option and – pressing X – open it.
- You will see an options menu. Now, you can pick one of two methods – Restore Default Settings or Initialize PS4.
- Restore Default Settings will clear all of your saved data and bring your console back to its factory default settings, but will leave all data on your hard drive. This is the more secure method, but if the problem is tied to your hard drive, it won’t help.
- Initialize PS4 option will do all of the above and wipe everything else found on your hard drive, including downloaded games. Use this method only if nothing else helps.
- If you pick Initialize PS4, you will see two options – Quick or Full. Choose Full if you want to make sure your PlayStation 4 console has been wiped clean.
- Confirm the whole operation by tapping Initialize one more time and Yes to begin the operation.
- Well done! The entire process can take multiple hours. Do not turn off your console when it’s being cleaned!
Please wait a few minutes until your phone restarts and you must complete the first settings to be able to use the device.
When You Have To Hard Reset / Factory Reset Your SONY PlayStation 4 Device?
- You wanna Erase All Data From Phone
- Forgotten Security Screen Lock Code
- Forgotten Security Password
- Forgotten Pattern Lock
- Forgotten User Code
- Forgotten Phone Lock
- If your phone encountered a software error
- If Your Phone works much slower, than when it was new
*Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. After using this feature, your SONY PlayStation 4 device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
Warning: Performing a hard reset deletes all of your user data, which includes pictures, videos, and music saved to your internal memory. Please make sure to back up your information prior to performing a hard reset.
*Have we missed any device model? Let us know by contacting us via Contact Us page.